1. The study was done by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and reported by The New York Times
2. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention sponsored this study
3. The sponsor possibly had this study done to determine the relation between young people having sex and the spread of sexually transmitted diseases.
4. Methodology on whether or not the sample was a random sample and if there was a control group was not given by the article. It did state that the sample size was 5,300 people between the ages 15 to 24.
5. Results are given in a clear manner, stating that the proportion in that age group who said they had never had any form of sex rose in the past decade to about 28 percent, from 22 percent. Yet the article does say that the results may be slightly inaccurate due to previous surveys not gathering enough information about the various types of sex.
6. There are no graphs used in this article
The Associated Press, For Young, Sex Falls in Survey,
The New York Times, March 3rd, 2011,