Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Advice for incoming Business Stats students

Based on my learning from this project, I would advice two things:

1. START EARLY
I thought my partner and I had a good start, we began our surveying early and eventually got it done, but it does take a lot of time. I don't only recommend to start the survey early, but also try to get the calculations and writing done as you learn how to do it in class. Waiting until after makes things more difficult and stressful. By the time we knew it, the project was due and all nighters are not good!

2. HAVE SHORT AND EFFICIENT SURVEY
My survey was a page front and back and had a lot of questions. You think that your peers will take a simple survery, but the truth is that a lot of them do not take the time to answer the entire thing and/or write in whatever to get it over with. Try to make a short survey that will give you the data that you are looking for and make it efficient, by that I mean make sure the questions give you quantitative data for the calculations that you have to do. Also, make sure to give your respondents something in return for helping you, candy works magic!

No comments:

Post a Comment