1. Pick a partner so you don't have to do so much work on your own.
2. Pick a topic that is interesting so you don't get totally bored.
3. Don't wait until the last minute to do every component of the project because you will have deadlines for other classes as well as an upcoming stats test to study for most likely.
4. More people will want to take your survey if you don't wait around until the end of the week to give it out. During that week and a half period students will be bombarded by a ton of surveyors so just get it done sooner rather than later.
5. If you plan on having a sample size of 40 make sure you get back more than 40 surveys because people will make lots of mistakes when filling out surveys even if you have composed it perfectly. People will forget to fill out the back even when you remind them to, or they will answer with something that makes no sense whatsoever.
Good look future students!