Study: Internet surpasses TV as main news source for young Adults
by Meghan Peters, from 'Mashable'. Published January 5th, 2010.
1. This study was conducted by the Pew Research Center.
2. The sponsors of the Pew Center, in turn sponsored this research. This includes companies like, 'Mashable'.
3. The Pew Center exercises consistent findings on a variety of topics. While its sponsors come from diverse background-affiliations, their findings can be directly useful for many of these groups. For instance, if one of these sponsors is related to any news source, this information directly pertains to their interests. CNN, the publisher of these findings--certainly has a paramount interest in 'how' people choose to receive their news.
4. Methodology tells us this survey was conducted with a sample size of 1,500 adults, from various age groups from 18-64. These same questions had been given in previous years to an identical group-sample. This allows one to see any recent changes to this surveys' findings, given in the form of 'percentage change'.
5. The results are communicated in paragraph form, with no charts or graphs truly necessary given the lack of information.