CNN 2012 Poll: Obama and Palin going in different directions?
1. CNN opinion research poll
3. I would think that CNN has some interest in these results. CNN is considered more left leaning than, say, FOX news, so the results might get more play on this website.
4. 1008 Americans were contacted by phone between Dec. 17 and Dec. 19th. The margin of error is stated as +/- 3%. That seems like a very small sample, so I don't know how much weight I would give these results.
5. The results listed on the pdf file are far more indepth than the basic info given in the article. I would say that the they aren't terribly clear. Early in the article it reads "78 percent of Democrats questioned in the poll say they want to see Obama at the top of their party's ticket in 2012", but a few paragraphs later it reads "Among liberal Democrats, 85 percent say they want to see the party re-nominate Obama in 2012."
6. There were no graphs, but there were tables with percentages listed for each group that was polled. Its not very clear how many people from each group were polled.