Dr. Chuck Stull
1. Analysis for How Much Protection Does A College Degree Afford? was conducted by David B. Grusky, Beth Red Bird, Natassia Rodriguez, and Christopher Wimer of the Stanford Center on Poverty and Inequality.
2. The study was published by the Pew Charitable Trusts.
3. I don't really think the publishers had an interest in finding a particular result in this study.
4. There is some information given on the methodology used. It say the data was taken from the Census Bureau's Current Population Survey and looked at employment of 21-24 year olds in the two and a half years before the 2007-2009 recession, during it, and in the two and a half years after it. However, it does not give specifics on how big the sample was, or if there was a margin of error.
5. Yes, the results were communicated in a clear and informative manner.
6. There is one graph used and it effectively shows the results of the study.
Author: Richard Perez Pena
Article Title: Study Shows College Degree's Benefits During Economic Downturn
Publication Title: NY Times
Date: January 9, 2013