Tascarella, Patty. "PNC Study: Small business owners don't expect uptick." The Business Journal. 1 April 2010. http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/stories/2010/03/29/daily40.html
1) Survey was conducted by the Artemis Strategy Group
2) Survey was sponsored by the PNC Financial Services Group Inc.
3) No, if anything, the PNC group would want people to think that their business will be seeing increases in sales and profits, but this is not the case. It seems that PNC conducted the survey without bias.
4) Yes- 508 business owners nationally and 152 withing Pennsylvania participated in the telephone survey between February 4 and 19. Other than that no specific information is given on methodology.
5) Yes, they give percentages as to what business owners are expecting over the course of the next year in terms of profits, sales, and hiring. Still, some answers are somewhat vague, saying, " One in four expect to see noticeable improvement within the next 12 months." This leaves the reader somewhat unsure as the what a "noticeable change" is.
6) No graphs are used in the article.