1. The survey was conducted by the California Citizens Compensation Commission.
2. The sponsor of the research is undisclosed. However, the survey was conducted to see whether or not California lawmakers could handle a pay cut, so I assume it was federally sponsored.
3. Were the sponsors federal, they probably wanted to find that California lawmakers were the highest paid in the nation.
4. Methodology is not included.
5. The results, that lawmakers in CA receive higher salaries than those of any other state, are clearly defined.
6. No graphs or tables are included.
March 29, 2010|By Anthony York, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer