Blog assignment #1
New York Times
Tweety Was Right: Cats Are a Bird’s No. 1 Enemy
By Elisabeth Rosenthal, March 20, 2011
1. The study was done by a few biologists and specialists in The Journal of Ornithology
2. The sponsor of this research is undisclosed
3. This sponsor was interested in finding out how disruptive cats can be to the natural environment, by killing baby gray catbirds.
4. It is not noted. However, it seems that the methodology includes a sample size of a certain number of catbirds’ deaths which were looked into to find the cause of this death. This is a random sample, there is not a control group.
5. These results are clearly communicated. 80% of the birds in the study were killed by predators. 47% of these predators were cats.
6. There are no graphs in this study.