1. The survey was published by Trilby Lundberg.
2. The sponsor of the survey was undisclosed in the article.
3. If the survey were conducted by consumers then a result of lower prices would be favored but if sponsored by fuel companies they might favor higher prices.
4. Fuel prices were gathered from thousands of gas stations across the United States and averaged.
5. The results are shown clearly with price listings for many major cities across the country.
6. Graphs were not used for this article.
The author of this article is the CNN Wire Staff.