Kim, Soyoung, and Deepa Seetharaman. "Toyota Says March U.S. Sales Rose About 35 Percent." ABC News/Money. Ed. Gerald E. McCormick. Reuters News Service, 30 Mar. 2010. Web. 30 Mar. 2010. .
1) Toyota Motor Corporation gathered the information on their sales for the month of March.
2) Since it is their own sales information they are gathering they sponsored the research.
3) The sponsor would have an interest in the results. Toyota would want to show that their sales are increasing dramatically to show that confidence in the company has bounced back since the massive recalls to fix unintended acceleration.
4) At one point the article states the 100 out of 1.7 million repairs did not fix the unintended acceleration, this did not include a sample size, but 17 million is an estimate. There was little information about methodology included in the article.
5) The results are stated clearly, the main statistic of 35% increase in sales was in the title, they concluded that confidence in cars made by Toyota Motor Corporation has risen back, somewhat due to very low prices.