By: Brian J. O'Connor / Detroit News Finance Editor
March 24, 2010
- The study was done by Bundle.com from Citigroup. Their research contained data from the U.S. government and third party research.
- I believe the sponsor for this article was Citigroup as there was no other specified third party in the article.
- Citigroup, the sponsor for this article, could be trying to figure out where to expand their business. This would be a good study to use to expand their business because it shows where there are higher and lower income households, and where people would be more likely to open a bank account and save money with the bank.
- The article did not specify what there methodology was for getting the data, although it did say that the surveyors excluded rent and mortgage payments from the study.
- In my opinion, the results were communicated in a fairly clear manner, although they switch between the spending ranks from cities in the country, to spending ranks of states which made some of the information rather confusing.
- There was a table at the side of the article that showed both the top 5 and bottom 5 spending cities in the United States. I thought that the table was easy to read, and gave the information in a pretty simple manner.